Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mast Way Principal Kris Gallo Resigns

It saddens me to announce Mast Way Principal Kris Galllo's resignation.  She has accepted a position as principal of the Christa McAuliffe School, which according to my five minutes of internet searching is a just completed elementary school in the Concord NH School District.   Brand new school, shorter commute -- congratulations, Kris, you're living the dream.

My daughter had just finished first grade at Mast Way when long time principal David Michaud retired three years ago.   Along with many other parents, I was concerned with what would happen to our children and our award winning school without Mr. Michaud at the helm.  But Kris Gallo took the job, made us all feel at ease, and immediately started making the school even better.  We quickly grew to love her, and I for one will miss her greatly.

Here's the letter Principal Gallo sent to parents:


May 7, 2012

Dear Mast Way families,

It is with great personal sadness that I inform you about submitting my letter of resignation as Mast Way School’s principal.  I have accepted the position of K-5 principal at the new Christa McAuliffe School in Concord NH, which begins July 1, 2012.
                       
I have truly enjoyed my three years as your children’s principal.  It has been an honor to share hugs, conversation, academics, celebrations, laughter, and lunches. Your children are kind, intelligent, happy individuals who make me smile every day. I am also grateful for the close personal and professional relationships I have developed with many of the parents and staff at Mast Way. Thank you for your support and commitment to education.

I have asked my teachers to invite me into their classrooms so that I may share the news about my departure with our students in person. I would also like to able to answer any questions they might have.

The Oyster River community cares deeply about education, and I wish the district continued success. I will carry many valuable lessons and enjoyable memories with me on my new journey.


Best regards,
Kris Gallo




Here's the resignation letter sent to the board and superintendent:
I'm sure everybody joins me in wishing Principal Gallo the best of luck in her new position.  We all know how lucky the good people of Concord are to get her.   Kris, you know you'll always be welcome in Oyster River.  Please come back to visit us sometime.

- Dean


No comments:

Post a Comment